Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just a thought

I absolutely love having both girls home with me, but I'll have to admit that I also cherish Thursday mornings when Ava is at preschool and it's just Aspen and I. This morning I was rocking her to sleep for her morning nap. I was just thinking about how safe she feels when she's in mommy's arms. Anyone that's been around her knows what a mommy's girl she is. I was thinking about how I would never ever choose to let harm come her way and how I will always love her no matter what, and then I hear that still, small voice whispering in my ear. No matter what ever comes of our messed up world we live in, I am safe in God's arms. He feels that way about me, about everyone. It doesn't mean there won't be pain here, but ultimately my soul is safe with Him. It's a simple truth, but it became more real to me this morning.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Ali Gish said...

Good thought Brandi. It's nice to be reminded of that!!! :)

Brittany said...

SOOO Sweet! Sometimes I look at Mere and think about how much I love her and then think how could God have given His son to die for us?