Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Zoo and Preschool

First of all, thanks to those of you who came out to the coffee shop on Friday night to hear Marc Scabilia play. We had a great time!!

Saturday morning we took bright and early for St. Louis to go to the zoo. We had a great time, even though as the day wore on the temp got a little to high for us! By the time we left the zoo at about 3pm most of the animals were sleeping, probably because it was so darn hot!! The gorilla's were definately our favorite, they were chasing each other around and beating on their chest's. It was hilarious!! Ava loved it, and Aspen was a very good girl, even though she refused to nap in her stroller. Then we hit up The Container Store, REI, Whole Foods, and Panera Bread and headed home. Nathanial got pulled over in Illinois, but luckily we did not get a ticket due to our tired faces and Nathanial's "look of surrender".... we got a good laugh over that one! We made it home just in time to drop off Nana and Nolan (and the girls) and head over to Antioch to see the band play again. Great show, but hardly anyone there to enjoy ... kinda sad.




Monday we went on a killer bike ride... HOT HOT HOT! But good exercise.

Tuesday was Ava's very first day of Preschool!!! She (of course) forgot I was even with her the moment we walked through the doors and barely even said bye. She had a great time and had lots to say.... but her first words were "mom, some girl pushed me out of line" and then "my teacher wouldn't let me have a drink". Later she did say she got a drink, just not an extra drink. I know little kids have their tiffs, but it's a little hard to think about my baby getting pushed out of line!! I try to blow it off and just remind her to be kind to the other kids. I have a feeling this may only get harder as my kids get older.... I hope God gives me the grace to deal with it and not be one of those "crazy parents!!" I'm really excited for to be going to school... she's such a big girl. I just wish I could watch her without her knowing I was there... 3 year olds just don't communicate everything they did too well!! Tomorrow night she has her first dance class. Can't wait for that!!


I better not leave out the little Penners... she is wanting to run around all over the place. I'm trying to get her to crawl, but she just scoots on her butt and cries for someone to pick her up and help her walk around. She can get up on all fours, but falls when she tries to move. She is quite the little talker and loves to make noises with her mouth. She also loves giving kisses right now, which drench the other person with slobber and then she usually ends up biting you!! She's getting so big too!!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Sweet post, Brandi. Hope you're all doing well!

Ali Gish said...

Too cute Brandi, I know what you mean about being one of those "crazy parents", I have a feeling I'm going to want to be one of those LOL!!

Ali Gish said...

Too cute Brandi!! I know what your talking about being one of those "crazy parents". I have a feeling I'm going to want to be one of those!! LOL I'm going to have to work on that as well :) Miss you guys!

Mandi Knepp said...

Brandi... I have never left a comment yet! So I just wanted to say that I love your family. Your the best!
love ya
mams