Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tired of being sick!!


Ava and Gabe

We have been sick for going over 3 weeks!! UGH! Nothing severe, just the gooky eyes for the girls and a really annoying cough for me. I finally broke down and took an antibiotic. I'm not sure if it's just coincidence, but I did get a little better then. We've done some fun things, but you know how things just don't seem near as fun when you struggling to keep your cough under control at all times!! But things are looking up, and looking at it from the bright side.... I usually get this once a year, so maybe I'll be healthy all winter!!
Okay, lets see if I can remember what we did this week....

We went to the cruise in.... Ava has way way way to much candy. I hope we have lots of trick or treaters this year, we need to get rid of it!!!!!!

We went to Chuck E Cheese! Ava has been asking to go to "Chuck E Jesus".... that's what it sounds like anyway. She had a blast and informed me that "Chuck E Jesus is sooo cool". We got her 50 tokens, and it was fun at first, but by the time we were down to 15 tokens I thought I was gonna lose it. Aspen didn't like all the noise so well. Then we did a little shopping. My girls are just not shoppers... which doesn't suprise me, I'm not that much of a shopper myself. So we hit Old Navy and Express and headed home. The girls had fun hanging out with aunt Shelli and Mamaw all day! Aspen let Shelli hold her all day.... which if anyone knows Aspen that's weird. She usually is attached to my hip when we're around anyone that she doesn't see every day!




The new house is coming along. Nathanial is still working on the gutting it. It is dirty work!! We are getting excited about all the "new" to go in after this part is done. We are thinking we are going to build a garage soon, so we can store our stuff. We will probably be "homeless" for a few months. That will be interesting.



We have a big weekend coming up. Gretchen Davis is getting married. Ava is the flower girl. We are also super excited to meet Abigail Kassel. Nathanial's cousin Kris lives in Spokane, Washington and he and his wife will be home with their new baby. Can't wait to meet her!!

If you think about Michelle Schaffer this week, please pray for her, she has been sick for two weeks and no meds seem to be helping. She has a lot on her plate with 5 kids and her husband in Iraq! She could use your prayers! This picture was from one of the days we had the kids some. Ava loves all of them so much!

I'll leave you with some cute pics of the girls I took yesterday. Ava and her "master-piece", and then a picture of what I found in the girls' room this morning.




One more thing, if anyone is looking for a good book to read, I highly recommend The Shack. It's good, and challenges the way we think of God.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Abbie said...

I just finished reading "The Shack" and thought it was a really great book:)!! Makes me rethink alot of things:)

Jamie said...

Funny you mentioned that book. I am getting ready to start reading it. It has been passed around our family and seems to be the topic of conversation.

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Poor girls! Don't you hate when your kids are sick, and even worse you're sick on top of it! Hopefully you will start feeling better soon. Ayla is still "allergy-ish" too. Its just that season! Did you get a buyer for your house, you said "homeless"! We need a buyer man... We have too many homes!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Poor girls! Don't you hate when your kids are sick, and even worse you're sick on top of it! Hopefully you will start feeling better soon. Ayla is still "allergy-ish" too. Its just that season! Did you get a buyer for your house, you said "homeless"! We need a buyer man... We have too many homes!