Monday, July 28, 2008

FLOWING WITH CREATIVITY




My goodness the days get away from me!! We've been quite busy. After tomorrow we will have shown our house 3 times this week. I try not to get excited, and I really don't even want to hear the "report", I just want someone to make an offer on our house. We still don't know what we'll do if it would sell. We went and looked at a house tonight and I was disappointed. It wasn't as nice as I'd like it, but it was too nice to really do much too. Anyway, only time will tell I guess, and in the mean time, I have a fairly clean house most days!!


As for my last post.... I haven't done that well at not getting upset over the little stuff.... it frustrates me so. Life is so short, and here I waste so much time being mad over things that just don't really matter. Why do I do it?? I guess it's similar to what Paul wrote about in Romans 7.... "the evil I do not want to do I keep on doing". I was inspired at church on Sunday to dig deeper. Since being home from India, to be honest, I haven't done a lot of digging and being honest with myself and the Lord.... really trying to know Him on a deeper level. Maybe that's a lot of my problem. I guess I should try and remedy that, eh??


Okay, here's the stories and pics of my cuties!! First off, we enjoyed ourselves at Jerry and Jessica's wedding and reception, especially Ava. She had a blast playing with her friend Brooklyn. Of course I was a little embarassed when they went up to the DJ and the next thing I know he's announcing that there are two little girls who have lost their mommies!! I was watching them the whole time....but the other 400 people didn't know that!! They danced their little hearts out to the mariachi (spelling?) band!





All of the Schaffer's came up to my mom and dad's to have lunch and swim. We had a great time, here's just one pic of Nathanial with Aspen and Jaxon.





Then, here's some pics of my little creative daughter. She has found a new pastime, drawing pictures of her family!! She has been thinking up all kinds of things to do. Yesterday, she played all day without asking to turn on the tv once! I was so excited.




I feel bad that I don't write more about Aspen, but she's not really doing anything new. Sitting up like a champ and being as sweet as ever of course though!! She's just a little doll baby, we all love her so much!! She does have a new nickname... Penzilla! She is so rough, and always head butting you or sticking her fingers up your nose or trying to rip your face off!!! We got a good laugh out of that one!
Here's Ava coming up with a solution to reach her favorite book. And a sideways video of Ava doing her two favorite things simultaneously, dancing and drawing.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

That was absolutely precious! I wish I was as "free" as children are. They laugh, run, dance, and play without inhibitions! :) I know you'll keep searching for what's missing in your journey. Keep it up!

Laura Raber said...

Brandi...love the new post...by the way, are those your dance moves?

Kristi said...

Hey girl!!
I love the picture of Ava dancing! That is Brooklyn's favorite thing to do! She also loves to draw! I think that she and Ava would get along well. The next time you are at your mom's you should give us a call!
We would love to see you again!
Talk to you soon,
Kristi

Kristi said...

Hey girl!!
I love the picture of Ava dancing! That is Brooklyn's favorite thing to do! She also loves to draw! I think that she and Ava would get along well. The next time you are at your mom's you should give us a call!
We would love to see you again!
Talk to you soon,
Kristi

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh Brandi, I am laughing so hard. Your girls need to team up with mine. They sound so much alike. I think our little ones have to be rough to stand a chance with their older sisters. Have a great week!

Andrea said...

Bradi,
I totally relate to your getting caught up in your failures. I think that being a woman is a big part of all of that and hopefully we can find a good balance (with the Lord's help) before our kids are too big. Keep on pressing on!

Andrea

Bethany said...

Brandi, I swear that Ava is the cutest little girl ever! There is never a dull moment huh! Looking forward to seeing you and the girls this week!