Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm bad at this... I know!!

I'll have to admitt, I'm a little jealous of all you awesome bloggers out there!! I really want to record our daily happenings for our own record....and just like I said I wouldn't.... I'm getting worse as the years go by!!! I can't remember the last time I actually printed any pictures, I get so confused trying to remember where I am as far as uploading to snapfish..... how do you guys do it!!!! I will say, that Aspen does have a detailed baby book.... and #3 will too.... but other than that hopefully I at least get all of our pics onto cd's I guess!!
Anyway, a little update on a few Rainey happenings...

Nathanial is done with school for the summer!!!!!!! It is great having him home all the time. I only work 2 days a week, but it's hard to even go those two days when we could all be together! Saturday was the day we finally decided to get a swingset for the girls.... it's been on the list. We randomly seem to pick projects and tackle them, so after hours of searching and going to every place in town and looking on the internet we decided on a simple wooden playhouse with a slide and swings. The girls love it of course, and wouldn't you know I didn't take a picture yet! But I will and add it later!!

One day last week we took off to Shoals of all places to go for a hike. Nathanial wanted to check out a potential climbing place so we went along. We hiked about a mile down this winding little road by the river with some cliffs on the other side. Ava got to try a little climbing and it was Aspen's first official hike that we can think of. It seems strange to us that we didn't take her hiking last summer, but we can't seem to recall any time. They had a blast. And we got some cute pics of them.





Tonight the Shaffer crew came over to play. The kids had fun and my little Aspen got so incredibly dirty. She gave herself cherry kool-aide (which she doesn't normally get), and ate about 5 cute little brownie cones that Michelle made.... but let's just say the mess which was her face wasn't so cute when bugs started getting stuck in the goo!!! They are sound asleep in bed now.... just love them to pieces!!


I hope you all have a wonderful week!! We will be busy with Bible School in the AM and working on the house I'm sure!!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Yay for Rainey pics... Im really in the mood to take the girls hiking after seeing your's and the Knepps photos :) Hopefully see you at playgroup this week?!

The Armes Family said...

Brandi-I'm a bad blogger also!! Your girlies are adorable!! Ava looks just like you and Aspen looks just like Nathaniel!! Yes we are home most evenings...i would love for you to stop by sometime!!!!!!! But in return you have to let me come see your house!!!!

The Armes Family said...

I commented once...but I don't think it saved....Anyways your girls are adorable. Ava looks just like you and Aspen looks just like Nathaniel!! I would love for you to come see my house....but in return you have to give me a tour of yours!!!