Friday, December 5, 2008

LOVE the weather!

Some may think I'm a little crazy... but I am loving the cold weather! Fall and winter are my favorite! I love jeans and sweaters, curling up with a fuzzy blanket to watch TV, even freezing while pumping my gas this morning just because I knew how good my heated seats and blasting hot air would feel in the van! Anyway, life has somewhat slowed down now that all the unpacking is done, for the time being anyway. It's just the usual, trying to keep our living space clean and orderly... yeah right!! Seriously, am I the only one who's house looks like a disaster zone all the time no matter what I do!!! Nathanial says I get more done on days that I work than when I'm home! Speaking of work, I'm only working 2 days a week now. I'm excited to get to spend more time at home, I just want to get organized and be productive--whether it's getting stuff done around the house or spending good quality time with the girls.

Our house is coming along. All of the new windows are in, Nathanial is getting ready to do the addition, and we have been starting the process of picking out cabinets, flooring, and interior doors. It's been fun! We have such a great time searching for the best deals. We got our appliances last weekend and got a killer deal! We were so excited! I keep meaning to take some pictures of the progress and I keep forgetting!
The girls are doing great. Aspen is WALKING!! I got in trouble at playgroup because I hadn't told anyone that she has been walking for several weeks now. But it's hard to pin-point the exact moment when they actually get the hang of it. She is all over the place now, but the poor thing is CONSTANTLY getting knocked down by her sister!! The fighting has begun, Aspen gets so mad at Ava and it's hard to keep from just laughing at her.

Aspen loves bath time in the sink... Ava doesn't pour water on her head all time!!

Rockband on the Wii

Last Monday a friend of ours from our time in India came to visit. Tigi's wife is German and they have been on "home assignment" in Germany for several months and he recently made his way to the States to visit some friends and his brother who is studying in Orlando. We loved being able to spend some time with him. It was interesting to get his take on America. We took him to Mi Pueblo and he couldn't believe the size of the drinks, he was amazed that we would eat more than the chips and salsa along with that huge soda. He took lots of pictures of the huge houses around with 6 car garages. In other parts of the world you just don't see the extravagant houses. Anyway, I'll leave you with a picture of Tigi, a great friend!



until next time....
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Brandi,
I actually like winter too! As long as the sun is shining!!
I would love to hang out with you and the girls sometime!! I get pretty lonely here. It's hard to make new friends. It seems that everyone is so close-knitted with family and already have their own set of friends.
Anyway, I am glad your house is coming along.
Did you know we were expecting again? It's another little girl!!
I'll talk to you soon.
Kristi

Anonymous said...

I love winter too. It's my favorite time of year!

The Armes Family said...

Hey Brandi!! I'm lovin winter also!! I'm totally jealous of you only working 2 days a week!! I'm glad the house is coming along!! I'd love a tour sometime....By the way...where did you guys get your killer deal on appliances at???? We are getting ready to purchase ours!!

The Armes Family said...

Wow!! You did get a great deal on appliances. I was tellin Ryan and we are both sick!! We are hoping to be in sometime in January. When will you guys be moving in?